Instant Pot Potato Sausage Casserole–melty cheddar with smoked sausage, potatoes, corn, carrots and lots of seasonings.
Instant Pot Potato Sausage Casserole
Mmmm! This easy potato sausage casserole is so tasty and a great one pot meal! My family loved it and the pot was scraped clean. The smoked sausage gives it great flavor. I think that you’ll also love the addition of corn and carrots. I’ll be making this recipe again soon!
- Red potatoes–you can also use Yukon gold potatoes
- Carrots–you can also use baby carrots
- Olive oil–or canola oil
- Beef smoked sausage–or another type of smoked sausage (kielbasa, andouille)
- Chicken broth–or beef broth
- Sour cream–or plain yogurt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Dried rosemary
- Dried basil
- Dried thyme
- Corn–I used canned corn, frozen also works. If you use frozen corn add it in the steamer basket on top of the carrots.
- Cheddar cheese–or another type of cheese you like
The Basic Steps
- Pressure cook the potatoes and carrots in a steamer basket. I love my avokado silicone steamer basket*.
- Brown the sausage. The sausage is already cooked but this just adds a little color and flavor to it.
- Toss potatoes, carrots, sausage and corn with sour cream, seasonings and cheese. Stir gently so the potatoes stay intact and don’t become mashed potatoes.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Serve with a green salad or some asparagus, brussels sprouts or broccoli.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket* then try using a trivet to get most of the potatoes and carrots off of the bottom of the Instant Pot. This will prevent the potatoes from getting grainy.
- This recipe is gluten free (make sure broth is labeled gluten-free).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with red potatoes are Awesome Wife Casserole and Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Potatoes.
5 More Instant Pot Recipes that Use Smoked Sausage…
Instant Pot Crack Sausage Chili
Sliced smoked sausage, crispy bacon pieces, three types of beans and plenty of seasonings make this chili super addicting! An easy dump and go Instant Pot recipe!
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes
The easiest meal with the most amazing results. Smoked sausage, fresh green beans, cubed potatoes and a couple of seasonings are cooked together quickly in your electric pressure cooker for an easy one pot, dump and press start meal.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage with Parmesan and Orzo
Smoked sausage, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, orzo and parmesan cheese cooked quickly in your pressure cooker. This meal is loaded with flavor and is a dump and go one pot meal.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage and Cabbage
An easy all in one pot meal of smoked sausage, potatoes, onion and cabbage. Dump everything into the pot and walk away!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Melty cheddar with smoked sausage, potatoes, corn, carrots and lots of seasonings.
- 26 ounces red potatoes, cut into cubes (this was 6 medium small potatoes)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package beef smoked sausage, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Add 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potatoes and carrots to a steamer basket. Drop the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Move the steamer basket out of the pot and discard the water.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says hot add in the oil and swirl around. Add in the sausage and brown for about 4 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the broth, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, rosemary, basil and thyme.
- Fold in the potatoes and carrots. Fold in the corn. Fold in the cheese. Stir to coat in the sour cream sauce and the seasonings.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.