Instant Pot Party Potatoes–cubed potatoes tossed into a sour cream/cream cheese sauce with a crispy cheese and breadcrumb topping are perfect for any gathering!
Instant Pot Party Potatoes
The most satisfying sound is digging the serving spoon deep into these potatoes through the crunchy crust. And the second most satisfying sound is the mmmmm’s you’ll hear from everyone who eats these potatoes. Party potatoes are just that…a party in your mouth. And they are great to bring to any party, family dinner or potluck.
You’ll peel and cube the potatoes and then pressure cook them in a steamer basket*. The steamer basket keeps the potatoes out of the boiling water and prevents them from getting grainy. You’ll only need a short 4 minute pressure cook time for the cubed potatoes.
After the potatoes are cooked you’ll whisk up a cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk sauce and then coat the potatoes in the sauce. Add in a few seasonings (including flavorful smoked paprika) and toss well. The potatoes will be a cross between cubed potatoes and mashed potatoes.
Finally you’ll sprinkle cheese and panko breadcrumbs on top and use an air fryer lid* to melt the cheese and toast the breadcrumbs. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can spread the potatoes in a baking dish and top with the cheese and panko and bake for a few minutes in the oven until the top is crispy.
Plan to use this potato dish recipe next time you are feeding a crowd! I think you’ll agree that they are really a party in your mouth and tummy!
More Amazing Instant Pot Potato Recipes…
Instant Pot Sober Potato Salad
Instant Pot Dad’s Creamy Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
Instant Pot Paula Deen’s Hash Brown Casserole
Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Instant Pot Party Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
Cubed potatoes tossed into a sour cream/cream cheese sauce with a crispy cheese and breadcrumb topping are perfect for any gathering!
- 4–5 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potato cubes into steamer basket. Lower the basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move steamer basket out of Instant Pot and set aside. Dump out water.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and add in the butter and let melt. Whisk in the cream cheese, sour cream and milk. Turn off Instant Pot. Add the potatoes, garlic salt, paprika, parsley, pepper and dill into the pot and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheese and panko on top. Place air fryer lid on top of Instant Pot. Set to 400° F for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are toasted.
- Eat and enjoy.
If you don’t have and air fryer lid you can spread the potatoes into a baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese and panko. Bake in the oven at 400° F for 10 minutes.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply