Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Soup–all the flavors of Mexican street corn in the form of soup! Seriously delicious corn soup that you can eat even in the summer.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Soup
The other day at a restaurant I had a Mexican street corn salad. The flavors were so great that I knew I needed to make something similar in the Instant Pot. The idea of soup came to my mind and even though it is hot I figured I’d give it a go.
The results were a creamy but flavorful soup that all my family gobbled up in our air conditioned home. The lime juice plays well off the creaminess and the bacon flavors the whole soup nicely.
I just used frozen corn to make my soup but if you wanted you could cut off the kernels from fresh corn and add that to the soup…that would be absolutely amazing.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
All the flavors of Mexican street corn in the form of soup! Seriously delicious corn soup that you can eat even in the summer.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeno, seeds and pith removed, diced
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen sweet white corn or yellow corn
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (2.5 oz) bag real bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display reads HOT add in the butter. Swirl the pot around and melt the butter. Add in the onion and jalapeno. Sprinkle in the cumin and chili powder. Saute for about 3-4 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth. Add in the corn, sugar and salt.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit there for at least 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting and release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- In a glass measuring cup whisk together the half and half and the cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to saute to heat up the half and half. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro and bacon. Once the soup has thickened turn off the saute function.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of cotija cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: soup, bacon
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.