Red potatoes, green beans, meatballs and mushrooms are all covered in a creamy parmesan sauce. An easy one pot meal. Frozen meatballs are used for easy prep purposes.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8–12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound frozen cooked meatballs (I use Costco meatballs)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic powder and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking prepare the red potatoes. Wash them and cut them into quarters or about 1 ½ inch pieces. Wash and trim the green beans.
- Add the potatoes, beans, meatballs, and broth into the pot. Give a quick stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. The pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure. When the time is up perform a quick release. Remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting.
- Warm the half and half up on your stove or in the microwave until it is baby bottle warm. I put mine in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir the cornstarch into the half and half until it is smooth. Stir the half and half mixture and the Parmesan cheese into the pot. The sauce will thicken almost immediately. Once it has thickened turn off the saute setting.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make in the slow cooker: add butter, mushrooms, garlic powder, washed and quartered red potatoes, washed and trimmed green beans, frozen meatballs and 1 cup of broth to your slow cooker. Toss with a large spoon. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until potatoes are cooked through. Turn your slow cooker to high. Stir together half and half (that has been warmed up) and cornstarch together until it is smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Let the sauce thicken for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot