A comforting bowl of stew that can be make vegan or can be made with smoked sausage. Lentils cook so quickly in the electric pressure cooker! The leftovers make a great lunch the next day too.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Optional: 10 ounces beef smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch pieces
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl the pot around. Add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, broth, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, carrot, and sausage.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. Let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Stir the stew and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check the broth to be sure it does not contain gluten.
- Category: Stew
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, gluten free