Instant Pot Killer Chicken–marinated chicken with rice makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. There is lots of flavor in this one!
Instant Pot Killer Chicken
If you want to prep a dinner the night before and then throw everything into a pot and walk away the next day this recipe is a good option! Chicken is marinated over night in am killer marinade that you can make with items you already have at home. Then you pour the chicken, marinade, some water and rice into the pot and pressure cook for just 3 minutes. The chicken is super flavorful and so is the rice thanks to the marinade.
- This recipe is also great for cooking in the oven or on the grill! Just marinate the chicken overnight and then cook the next day until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- You can make this with boneless thighs or breasts. It’s up to you. I prefer the thighs because they stay more moist and tender in the Instant Pot.
- If you don’t want rice you can leave it out. Add 1 cup water to the pot with the chicken and the marinade and then pressure cook for 3 minutes (for bite size pieces) or 12 minutes (for whole pieces).
- This marinade is really tasty with bone-in chicken pieces as well. Cook these whole without rice for 12 minutes (drumsticks) or 15 minutes (thighs) with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Marinated chicken with rice makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. There is lots of flavor in this one!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- In a large ziploc bag mix together the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, pepper and salt together. Add in the chicken and zip up the bag. Squish the bag to cover the chicken in the marinade. The chicken can be frozen. Refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken cut it into bite size pieces.
- Pour 1 ¼ cups water into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in 1 cup long grain white rice. Add in the chicken and about half to ¾ of the marinade (depending how strong you want the chicken and rice). Discard the rest of the marinade.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well and serve.
You can also cook the chicken thighs in the oven. After they sit in the marinade over night heat your oven to 450° F. Place the chicken and all of the marinade in a baking dish. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
You can use a 3 or 6 quart pot to make this recipe. For the 8 quart pot increase the amount of broth to 1.5 cups.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.