Marinated chicken with rice makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. There is lots of flavor in this one!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- In a large ziploc bag mix together the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, pepper and salt together. Add in the chicken and zip up the bag. Squish the bag to cover the chicken in the marinade. The chicken can be frozen. Refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken cut it into bite size pieces.
- Pour 1 ¼ cups water into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in 1 cup long grain white rice. Add in the chicken and about half to ¾ of the marinade (depending how strong you want the chicken and rice). Discard the rest of the marinade.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well and serve.
You can also cook the chicken thighs in the oven. After they sit in the marinade over night heat your oven to 450° F. Place the chicken and all of the marinade in a baking dish. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
You can use a 3 or 6 quart pot to make this recipe. For the 8 quart pot increase the amount of broth to 1.5 cups.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven