Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken—seasoned chicken breast stuffed with a cheese, cream cheese and pickled jalapeno mixture. Lots of good flavor and not too spicy! You can pressure cook in your Instant Pot or bake the chicken in the oven.
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
You’re going to love this Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken! This chicken tasted a lot better than it looked! It was so juicy and the filling that was stuffed inside the chicken breast was so flavorful. The cream cheese and the jalapenos go together so well.
If you’re thinking “oh no! I can’t do spicy!” Don’t worry. It’s not spicy. Because I used Mezzetta’s tamed jalapeno peppers instead of spicy it was very mild. You can find these is the same aisle as pickles. They have the spiciness level of about a banana pepper.
The other fun ingredient in this recipe is something I recently discovered. It’s McCormick’s Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic*. I like to put this on vegetables, eggs, meats…basically everything. My friend got me a bottle and now I’m hooked! It adds so much flavor.
To make these stuffed chicken breasts you’ll need to use fresh chicken so you can slice a pocket into the side. Since chicken breasts are all different sizes you’ll want to pick some of the same size and thickness. Then choose how long to cook it by the average weight. For example if your chicken breast is 12 ounces you’ll want to cook for 12 minutes (with a 5-10 minute natural pressure release). You’ll be cooking the chicken on top of a trivet.
After your chicken is done cooking make sure to slice it across the grain for ultimate tenderness. Some of the cheesy filling will seep out and that’s okay! Yum yum!
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Seasoned chicken breast stuffed with a cheese, cream cheese and pickled jalapeno mixture. Lots of good flavor and not too spicy! You can pressure cook in your Instant Pot or bake the chicken in the oven.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tamed pickled jalapenos*, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (of similar size and thickness)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp McCormick’s Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic*
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, jalapenos, cheeses, lime juice and bacon.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the McCormick’s seasoning over both sides of the chicken.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast–cut a slit 3/4 of the way through without cutting all the way through.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a trivet into bottom of Instant Pot. Carefully place chicken breasts on top of trivet in one layer.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to the weight of the average chicken breast in ounces. For example, if each individual chicken breast weighs 12 oz then you’ll cook for 12 minutes. If each individual chicken breast weighs 14 oz you’ll cook for 14 minutes. The weight of the chicken breast is measured before it is stuffed.
- When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Carefully move chicken with tongs to a plate. Slice across the grain and enjoy!
To make in the oven: Do steps 1-5 and then place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish at 375 degrees. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.