Seasoned chicken breast stuffed with a cheese, cream cheese and pickled jalapeno mixture. Lots of good flavor and not too spicy! You can pressure cook in your Instant Pot or bake the chicken in the oven.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tamed pickled jalapenos*, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (of similar size and thickness)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp McCormick’s Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic*
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, jalapenos, cheeses, lime juice and bacon.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the McCormick’s seasoning over both sides of the chicken.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast–cut a slit 3/4 of the way through without cutting all the way through.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a trivet into bottom of Instant Pot. Carefully place chicken breasts on top of trivet in one layer.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to the weight of the average chicken breast in ounces. For example, if each individual chicken breast weighs 12 oz then you’ll cook for 12 minutes. If each individual chicken breast weighs 14 oz you’ll cook for 14 minutes. The weight of the chicken breast is measured before it is stuffed.
- When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Carefully move chicken with tongs to a plate. Slice across the grain and enjoy!
To make in the oven: Do steps 1-5 and then place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish at 375 degrees. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven