Instant Pot Ground Beef Divan–ground beef with broccoli, a creamy sauce, spaghetti and cheese. An easy weeknight meal you can make quickly in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Divan
You might be familiar with good old fashioned chicken divan. According to Wikipedia, “Chicken Divan is a chicken casserole usually served with broccoli and Mornay sauce. It was named after the place of its invention, the Divan Parisien Restaurant in the New York City Chatham Hotel where it was served as the signature dish in the early twentieth century.” When I was growing up we called it chicken broccoli casserole. My mom always served the chicken, broccoli and sauce over rice. You have probably had something similar??
Today’s recipe is for Instant Pot ground beef divan. Instead of chicken this version has ground beef and spaghetti is used as the carb for soaking up the sauce. This reminds me of a ground beef cross between chicken tetrazzini and chicken divan. My inspiration for this recipe came from One Skillet Ground Beef Divan by The Midnight Baker.
- Types of pasta that can be used–I used thin whole wheat spaghetti. You can also use other types of pasta like macaroni, penne, bowties etc. To figure out how long to cook different types of pasta look on the back of the box and see how long it says to boil the pasta for. Take that number and divide by 2 and then subtract 1 minute. (Example: 10 minutes / 2 = 5 minutes – 1 minute = 4 minute pressure cook time).
- Can I make this with rice instead of pasta? Yes you can. Instead of adding in the broken spaghetti sprinkle in 1 ½ cups of white rice. You will still cook for 3 minutes but use a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Why don’t you cook the broccoli in the pressure cooker? Broccoli cooks exceedingly fast in the pressure cooker and if you cook it for more than 1 minute it will be completely mushy. I prefer to stir in cooked broccoli after the other food has pressure cooked. You can steam your broccoli in the microwave easily. Just add the broccoli to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until softened slightly but not fully cooked. Drain well.
- Cheese–I used shredded sharp cheddar for good flavor. Try using another type of cheese if you prefer.
- To make Instant Pot ground beef divan I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in the 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Tip: make it more creamy by adding in a can of cream of chicken/mushroom soup or a cup of sour cream.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Hungry Man’s Casserole—a hearty meat and potatoes dinner that cooks in just a 1 minute pressure cooking time!
Instant Pot Two Timin’ Pasta—can’t choose between marinara or alfredo? Now you don’t have to! Try this easy dump and go Instant Pot pasta recipe that takes 5 minutes of prep!
Instant Pot Taco Lasagna–layers of seasoned ground beef in enchilada sauce, cottage cheese/ricotta and lasagna noodles (you don’t even have to boil them!) topped with cheddar cheese.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Ground beef with broccoli, a creamy sauce, spaghetti and cheese. An easy weeknight meal you can make quickly in your Instant Pot!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti (whole wheat works)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets or fresh broccoli, steamed
- 1–2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the spaghetti into 3 inch pieces and scatter it into the pot in a criss-cross pattern so that it doesn’t clump up while cooking.
- Dump the mushrooms evenly over the spaghetti. Place the block of cream cheese on top of the mushrooms.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes for thin/angel hair spaghetti or 4 minutes for regular spaghetti. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the steamed broccoli. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Cover the pot for 2-3 minutes and let the cheese melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.