An easy dump and go recipe with chicken, cheese, rice and southwest flavors. You’ll love the ingredient that makes the flavor pop!
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles (I used mild)
- 1 cup Herdez Guacamole Salsa (I used mild)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice.
- Place chicken into the pot and then sprinkle it with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Dump the green chiles and salsa over the top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- If mixture is runny you can make a cornstarch slurry. Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Turn off Instant Pot and remove the liner from the pot. Stir in the sour cream and sprinkle the cheese on top. If desired chop or shred the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot