Instant Pot Dill Pickle Pasta Salad—say goodbye to boring pasta salads and hello to this pasta salad that is infused with pickle flavor! Make the pasta quickly and easily with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
I’m an okay fan of regular pasta salad. I guess my gripe is that it never has enough flavor. I decided to up the flavor by cooking the pasta in a mixture of pickle juice and water and by adding lots of crunchy dill pickle to the salad.
Here in the Petersen household we are big dill pickle fans (not sweet pickles…ewwww). Greg’s main snack in life is a crispy dill pickle. We love the little pickles from Costco. I love pickles in my potato salad so why not add them into pasta salad? Of course it was a brilliant idea.
Pasta salad really is one of those dishes that you can add in whatever you like. For example I added in pickles, pepperonis, tomatoes and chunks of cheese. But some other good additions might be diced cucumber, bell peppers or olives. Get creative and empty out your fridge at the same time!
If you LOVE dill pickles I really think you’ll LOVE this pasta salad. Make it for dinner tonight or for a side dish at your next barbecue or potluck this summer!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Dill Pickle Pasta Salad I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Say goodbye to boring pasta salads and hello to this pasta salad that is infused with pickle flavor! Make the pasta quickly and easily with your Instant Pot.
For the pasta:
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (white or whole wheat)
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup pickle juice
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried dill
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
For the salad:
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups diced dill pickle
- Cook the pasta: Add pasta, water and dill pickle juice to your Instant Pot. Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes (for firmer pasta) or 4 minutes (for softer pasta). When the time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Drain the pasta of any remaining liquid. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a bowl whisk together the garlic, dill, olive oil, salt, onion powder, pickle juice and mustard.
- Prepare the salad items: chop the pepperoni, cube the cheese, halve the tomatoes and dice the pickles.
- Toss the salad. Add the dressing and the salad items in with the pasta. Coat the pasta well with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.