Instant Pot (or Crockpot) Beef Short Ribs–Tender pieces of beef that have been rubbed with a dry rub and then cooked in the pressure cooker and then basted with barbecue sauce.
Instant Pot (or Crockpot) Beef Short Ribs
My husband and I were grocery shopping together the other day and getting excited about all the new recipes I would be creating in my Instant Pot. He is a huge meat fan and so he went to the meat section of the grocery store and picked out some beef short ribs. Beef short ribs are boneless ribs from the short portion of the rib bone of cattle. You can cook them easily in the slow cooker for about 6-8 hours on low.
I started by rubbing the ribs with a dry rub and then placing them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After that I place them in the Instant Pot on top of the stainless steel metal trivet. I added a cup of water in the bottom of the pressure cooker and then set the pot to go for 28 minutes. After the cooking time was up I waited for the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes or so. Then I basted the ribs with barbecue sauce and set them under the broiler for 3 minutes.
You might also like
Instant Pot Korean Short Ribs from What’s Cookin’ Chicago?
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot (or Crockpot) Beef Short Ribs recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
- 1 lb beef short ribs
- Dry Rub (you can buy or make your own)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- Rub the ribs with dry rub (I used 2 tsp). Place on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place ribs on top of trivet.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Press manual/pressure cook button and set the timer for 28 minutes. After the timer beeps, let the pressure come down naturally for 10-15 minutes. Open the pot and place ribs on a cookie sheet.
- Baste the ribs with bbq sauce and put under the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’d like to make this recipe in the slow cooker, place dry rubbed ribs in slow cooker and pour bbq sauce over the top. Slow cook for 6-8 hours.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!