Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili—addictive and delicious creamy chicken chili with bacon!
Related: SLOW COOKER crack chicken chili recipe
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
There’s a recipe that’s going around the internet called “crack chicken.” It’s usually made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and it has chicken, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar and ranch dressing mix in it.
Sound good? It is. It’s terribly good. But if you’re looking to add a little more nutrition and oomph to crack chicken then you should make my Instant Pot crack chicken chili. It has all the ingredients of normal crack chicken but it also has beans, tomatoes, green chiles and added seasonings. And I’ll tell you what, it was so good that my entire family plus a friend couldn’t stop eating it. We ate it until it was gone. YUM! We all agreed that the flavor was spot on. I’m looking for a reason to make this again real soon.
A couple ingredient notes:
Cream cheese–I used full fat cream cheese. And guess what? I added it in at the beginning of the recipe. I was a little nervous that it would not hold up under the pressure (usually dairy does NOT) but it did! It was fast and easy and incorporated nicely after I stirred it in and thickened with the cornstarch slurry.
Corn–I used frozen sweet corn and it was one of my favorite parts of the chili. Little pops of sweetness in every bite. Canned corn would also work, although I personally don’t think it tastes as good.
Chili Beans–Chili beans are found next to the regular canned beans at the grocery store. Some common brands that sell chili beans are Bush’s and S&W. Chili beans are pinto beans that are canned in tomato sauce and have seasonings added. I found that the use of these beans gave the chili an extra boost of flavor.
Bacon Crumbles–I like to buy the big bag of bacon crumbles from Costco. They are so convenient. You can cook bacon and crumble it, if you prefer.
You might also like…
Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili–Tiffiny said, “My whole family loved it!“
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili–Kurt said, “Just made for a chili cook off…I won! what an amazing amazing taste… I’ll be making this for years to come.”
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup–WB said, “I just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite recipes ever. It’s so so good.”
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Addictive and delicious creamy chicken chili with bacon!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (frozen is fine and you can use a combination or types of chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can seasoned chili beans (Bush’s and S&W brands are good)
- 1 cup frozen corn (you can also use a can of drained corn)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles (I buy the big bag from Costco)
- 1 packet or 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I use full fat)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp cheddar for more flavor)
- Add chicken and broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Dump the chili beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, bacon, ranch dressing mix, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and cream cheese on top of the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button (if you don’t have a soup button use the manual/pressure cook button) to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 more minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board. Shred up the chicken well and add it back into the pot. Stir the chili so that the cream cheese melts. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- To thicken use a cornstarch slurry. Take 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch and 2-3 Tbsp of cold water and stir together in a small bowl until smooth. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the slurry into the Instant Pot and the chili will thicken quickly. Once chili is thick turn off the Instant Pot. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.