Addictive and delicious creamy chicken chili with bacon!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (frozen is fine and you can use a combination or types of chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can seasoned chili beans (Bush’s and S&W brands are good)
- 1 cup frozen corn (you can also use a can of drained corn)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- ½ cup bacon crumbles (I buy the big bag from Costco)
- 1 packet or 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I use full fat)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp cheddar for more flavor)
- Add chicken and broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Dump the chili beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, bacon, ranch dressing mix, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and cream cheese on top of the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button (if you don’t have a soup button use the manual/pressure cook button) to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 more minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board. Shred up the chicken well and add it back into the pot. Stir the chili so that the cream cheese melts. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- To thicken use a cornstarch slurry. Take 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch and 2-3 Tbsp of cold water and stir together in a small bowl until smooth. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the slurry into the Instant Pot and the chili will thicken quickly. Once chili is thick turn off the Instant Pot. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American