Instant Pot Club Sandwich Pasta—all the flavors from a turkey bacon club sandwich in pasta form. Fresh spinach and tomatoes make this a colorful, fresh dish.
Instant Pot Club Sandwich Pasta
Whenever I go out to lunch I’m always drawn to the club sandwich on the menu. Delicious stacks of toasted bread with turkey, bacon, mayo and tomato. Today I’m taking the fun flavors from the club sandwich and spinning it into a one pot pasta meal.
With loads of spinach and tomatoes this is a fresh summer dish. The recipe makes 6 fairly large servings with only 8 ounces of pasta. Usually I portion 2 ounces of pasta per person. So this is less pasta and more other stuff.
I served this as a warm pasta dish but after eating a few bites out of the fridge this morning I’m thinking you could make this as a cold pasta salad instead. Either way it’s super tasty!
What kind of pasta should I use? I used curly rotini pasta but other options include macaroni, penne, cavatappi, bowtie and rigatoni. For rotini I find that a 3 minute pressure cooking time works best. But for sturdier types of pasta use this formula: minutes on back of box divided by 2 and then subtract 1-2 minutes.
What’s up with the breadcrumbs? By toasting crispy panko breadcrumbs in butter and then tossing them into your dish it just adds a bit of the toasted bread taste plus a bit of texture. It’s a fun and tasty addition. I highly recommed it!
Try these other Instant Pot Recipes…
I’ll make pasta no other way! The Instant Pot makes it so easy. Try these other popular Instant Pot pasta dishes.
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff–noodles, chicken and sauce in one pot!
Instant Pot Ziti and Meatballs–Everyone will be asking for seconds!
Instant Pot Million Dollar Spaghetti–spaghetti but a whole lot better!
All the flavors from a turkey bacon club sandwich in pasta form. Fresh spinach and tomatoes make this a colorful, fresh dish.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 8 oz (half a box) uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 4 oz spinach (4–5 cups) chopped spinach
- 8 oz deli turkey, cut into pieces
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled bacon (about 8 slices cooked bacon)
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the breadcrumbs and toss. Cook for about 2 minutes until toasted and light brown. Move bread crumbs to a small bowl.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Add in the chicken broth, pasta and tomatoes.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the mayo, cheese, spinach, turkey, tomatoes and bacon. Toss well. Toss in the breadcrumbs.
- Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart or 3 quart with no changes.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.