Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta–all the amazing flavors from cheeseburgers in a one pot pasta dish. Your whole family will love this dinner!
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
My whole family agreed that this cheeseburger pasta tasted better than it looked. When you dig in it’s like all the flavors from a cheeseburger in a one bite. The thing that made this recipe is the dill pickles. Don’t knock it until you try it! The diced pickles dispersed throughout the pasta gave the dish flare and flavor. We loved this the day of and we loved the leftovers too.
A few notes about ingredients:
Pasta: I used farfalle pasta (bowtie pasta). Any other sturdy pasta could work with this recipe. For example using a penne or cavatappi pasta would taste great. If you go with something that is thinner and smaller like spaghetti you’d have to adjust the cooking time lower.
Ground Beef: I used 80/20 ground beef and drained off the excess grease. You can use leaner or less lean ground beef, it’s up to you. I have also made this recipe with ground turkey. It’s not quite as good but it will do in a pinch.
Steak seasoning: I used Montreal Steak Seasoning* in my pasta. You can use whatever steak seasoning you like best.
More recipes you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
All the amazing flavors from cheeseburgers in a one pot pasta dish. Your whole family will love this dinner!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickes
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 cups medium or sharp grated cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and brown it for about 5 minutes. Add in the diced onion and saute the onion in the grease from the beef for about 3 minutes. If there is excess grease, you can drain it off or spoon it out.
- Add in the water and deglaze the pot, if it needs it.
- Add in the pasta, diced tomatoes, pickles, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Stir a bit.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the time is up you can perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. If any foam comes out of the valve just move it back to sealing. Try again in 20 seconds to move it to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir. Add in the cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 655
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 6
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 37 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta recipe? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.