|Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Pot Pie|
Makes 8 servings (1 biscuit each)
Homestyle Gravy Seasoned Slow Cooker Liner (this product is no longer available)
4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups water
1 bag frozen vegetable mix
1 can of biscuits
1. Unfold liner and place into slow cooker, gently pushing sides so that liner is evenly spread out.
2. Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
3. Pour water over the sides of the liner wetting all the seasoning.
4. Tie up the liner with some kitchen string. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks).
5. Carefully remove string. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken and return to slow cooker liner.
6. Add in the veggies. Cover and cook on HIGH for another 15-30 minutes until veggies are warmed through.
7. While veggies are warming, bake biscuits according to directions on package. Ladle chicken, veggies and gravy over the top of the biscuits and serve.
Have you seen these seasoned slow cooker liners yet? They are like the regular liners but they have all the seasonings you need to make a perfect meal already in them. So you add a couple of ingredients, get a perfectly seasoned meal, and then clean up is a total breeze! Awesome.
I really really really loved this particular flavor on this liner. The chicken was absolutely perfect. Tying of the liner kept the chicken totally moist and really got the flavor into the meat. I would make this any day of the week so I give it 5 stars.
You obviously could use this particular liner (homestyle gravy) for different recipes besides chicken pot pie…the possibilities are endless!