1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 2 lbs bone-in chicken with skin removed
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1/4 cup flour
Cilantro and lime, for garnish
1. Thaw chicken and pat dry. Dredge in flour and place in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl combine broth, soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard, pepper, tomato paste and tapioca. Whisk until smooth.
3. Pour sauce over the chicken and cover the slow cooker.
4. Cook on LOW for 3-5 hours.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve. (If you’d rather shred or break up into large chunks, use two forks to do so. Then serve over rice, along with the sauce)
Despite the long list of ingredients this recipe is pretty darn easy to make. It turns out with a beautiful sauce (thanks to the tapioca and flour) and the chicken is tender and delicious. This is one of my husbands favorites and come to think of it, mine too. 5 stars