2012 was awesome for me personally and for 365 Days of Slow Cooking. I have had a lot of awesome things happen this year:
1. I’ve been writing this blog for almost 4 years now. 2012 was the best year by far. 69% of my total page views have been in the last 12 months. Amazing.
2. Pinterest has by far been my biggest traffic source (29% of totaly pageviews) beating out google and facebook.
3. My book (MY book!) came out in March of 2012. What a wonderful blessing. Thousands of copies have been sold and I still get excited when I see it in stores.
4. I got a new camera and I’ve been taking better pictures of food. If you look back in my archives, you’ll see what I mean. Better pictures = more pins and more traffic
5. I reached over 10,000 likes on my facebook page! Facebook is one of my favorite ways to connect with my readers. It is instantaneous feedback and I get a little ego boost from you, so thanks for that!
6. I’ve appeared on TV 20 separate times. Holy moley that’s a lot!
All of the success that I’ve had come my way I am truly grateful for. I work hard on my blog, but I realize I would have nothing without the people that read it. So thank you. You’re the best around.
Now…as a recap I’d like to share with you the 2012 Top Ten Fan Favorites. These are recipes that were all posted for the first time in 2012. For whatever reason these drew in the most traffic…
2. No Stick Steel Cut Oats
The recipe that has brought in the most traffic this year (even though this was from 2009) was the Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup. This recipe has been pinned almost 400,000 times!!! WHA?!? Crazy, right? It is a good recipe, I can tell you that.
And now for a list of my personal faves. These are the recipes that I’ve made several times. It might be because they taste so good, or because they are so easy to make, or my husband requests them…whatever the reason we really enjoy them. In no particular order…
May your 2013 be filled with lots of laughs, love and peace.