Makes 8 servings
1 ½ lbs red potatoes, cubed (with or without skin)
2 cups sliced leeks
6 cups chicken broth
2 tsp garlic powder
½ cup flour, sifted
1 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Place potato cubes, leeks, broth, garlic powder and ½ cup bacon into slow cooker.
2. Slowly whisk in sifted flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Cover and cook on LOW about 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
4. Slowly stir in the cheese, a little at a time. It will get all melty and delicious.
5. Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste and garnish with remaining bacon and extra cheese, if desired.
Soup! It is cold here. And soup is what I want. Pretty much every day. I loved this soup. The bacon and cheese and potatoes are so comforting. Kids will love this soup as well. Serve with some crusty bread and you have an easy meal. 4 1/2 stars