Makes 8 servings
12 oz linguine
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 lbs zucchini, shredded (This is several zucchinis. I probably used 6. I also used some green and some yellow.)
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
Diced roma tomatoes and diced avocados (however much you'd like)
1 Lemon, juiced
1. Cook linguine until firm but tender.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When the oil starts smoking add in the garlic and cook until lightly browned, for about 30 seconds.
3. Add in 1/4 of the zucchini to the garlic and cook on high until well coated with oil.
5. Turn heat to low and add in the yogurt, cheese and pasta. Toss to mix. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
6. Squeeze in lemon juice to taste and top with tomatoes and avocados. Plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy! (I served mine with chicken on top, but that is totally optional)
Don't hate me because this is not a slow cooker recipe. From time to time, I'm going to start sharing some of my favorite recipes that aren't slow cooker recipes.
I love this recipe so much and have been making it since I was in college. I received several zucchinis in my bountiful basket and used most of them to make this delicious dinner. I loved making it with the yellow and green zucchinis for some added color. If you're in a pinch, use sour cream instead of yogurt. And if you're like me and had neither, I actually used cottage cheese and it worked out okay. This is a super fast and easy dinner. Make it vegetarian if you want. We served ours with chicken. 5 stars.