1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp tomato paste
8 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs (they don't have to be frozen, but that's just what I did)
1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1 (4 oz) can diced green chile peppers
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
Makes 6 servings
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Combine onion, peppers, cumin, chili powder, oil and tomato paste in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute until onions are soft. Add in the soup, tapioca, green chile peppers. Pour over the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Chicken should be to the point where you can easily shred it. Take 2 forks and shred the chicken and then return to the slow cooker.
4. Stir in sour cream and then salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use a slotted spoon to serve the shredded chicken wrapped up in tortillas as tacos or serve the chicken on top of salad.
Yummy! Loved this easy little, pantry-friendly recipe. I served mine over salad with tomatoes, cheese, and tortilla chips. But it would be awesome rolled up in tortillas with cheese, cilantro, and your other favorite toppings. My kids really liked this one as well. I loved the sour cream but if you wanted to cut down on calories you don't actually need it. This reminded me a bit of the tomatillo chicken tacos, which are my fave but it was a lot less prep time. 4 1/2 stars (easy prep, family friendly, and versatile in how you can serve it)