2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of Long grain and Wild Rice Rice-a-Roni
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups milk
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced celery
1. Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken and rice (along with seasoning packet) in a large slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
3. Remove chicken and shred with two forks and then add back into slow cooker.
4. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, and flour. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour mixture by tablespoon to form a roux. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth.
5. Stir cream mixture into slow cooker and then let cook on LOW for 15 more minutes.
Makes 8 servings
This soup is excellent. It is very rich and creamy so if want you could substitute whole milk for the half and half or even use half evaporated milk and half skim milk. My whole family ate it and loved it. 4 1/2 stars.