Makes 6-8 servings
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
2 small green peppers, seeded and diced
1 cup diced onion
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp canola/vegetable oil
2 (15.5 oz) cans Great Northern beans
1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
2 cups water
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 1 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon)
3 cups frozen corn
Salt and pepper
1. Place chicken and green pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In microwave safe bowl combine the onion, cumin and oil and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Stir every minute until onions are soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add in beans, salsa, water and bouillon.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in the corn and heat through for another 30 minutes on HIGH.
6. Serve in bowls and top with chopped cilantro, sour cream, chips and grated cheese, if desired.
I really loved this recipe. I loved the use of tomatillo salsa…you could also substitute green enchilada sauce. Our crock was totally licked clean. Delicious and definitely will make again. I thought it was better than this other white chili recipe. 4 stars