Makes 6-8 servings
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
2 small green peppers, seeded and diced
1 cup diced onion
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp canola/vegetable oil
2 (15.5 oz) cans Great Northern beans
1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
2 cups water
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 1 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon)
3 cups frozen corn
Salt and pepper
1. Place chicken and green pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In microwave safe bowl combine the onion, cumin and oil and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Stir every minute until onions are soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add in beans, salsa, water and bouillon.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in the corn and heat through for another 30 minutes on HIGH.
6. Serve in bowls and top with chopped cilantro, sour cream, chips and grated cheese, if desired.
I really loved this recipe. I loved the use of tomatillo salsa…you could also substitute green enchilada sauce. Our crock was totally licked clean. Delicious and definitely will make again. I thought it was better than this other white chili recipe. 4 stars
Ezine article writing says
I just love Chicken Chili a lot and this is the reason why I am here at the comment area…your recipe is really looking rocking and those sauces are outstanding to amalgamate…Excellent recipe 🙂
professional essays says
Wow I just love the way you add sauces to it…this really looks so yummy and I just can't wait to try it out at my coming weekend…Great sharing!!
Made this the other day (though I did it on the stove b/c I had missed my crockpot window) and we loved it, hubby especially. Thanks for sharing!
Are you supposed to drain and rinse the beans? Sounds yummy!
Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) says
When I make this on the stove I use a reduced fat half and half, will that work in the crockpot?