- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of homemade gravy mix or a gravy packet (see recipe below for making homemade gravy mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- Green onions, optional
- Add ground turkey to the slow cooker and break up the turkey with a spoon.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, ¼ cup of gravy mix (recipe below) and water. Stir with a spoon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours. Remove lid and break up the turkey with a spoon. Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve turkey and mushrooms over rice, noodles, potatoes or in lettuce wraps. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Homemade Gravy Mix Recipe: 3 Tbsp beef bouillon granules, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 cup flour. Run all the ingredients through a blender or food processor. Pulse about 10 times until all the granules are the same consistency. Store in an airtight container.
Variations: Add in 4 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream after the turkey is cooked, for more of a creamy, stroganoff type meal. You can also make this with lean ground beef or ground chicken instead of ground turkey.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-6 quart
To make gluten free: Substitute flour for a GF flour blend or cornstarch