Perfectly tender and shreddable 5 ingredient pork is cooked all day on low in your crockpot and then served with rice, guacamole, black beans, sour cream and more of your favorite toppings.
- 2 1/2 lbs pork country style ribs*
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional: 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Optional burrito bowl items: cilantro, lime wedges, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, black beans, brown rice, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
- Add pork, salsa, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until pork is tender.
- Shred the pork and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve the pork with desired burrito bowl items.
*You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. If you choose to use beef use boneless beef chuck roast and cook it on low for 8-10 hours.
I used my 6 quart Kitchenaid slow cooker for this recipe.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
- Method: Slow Cooker