|Pin this recipe for later!|
We love ordering the lettuce wraps when we go out to eat at PF Chang’s or Pei Wei! I love the juicy chicken with the crispy leaves of lettuce and the crunchy bites of water chestnuts. So so yummy! I attempted to make my own version in the slow cooker and while it’s not exactly like the restaurant version it’s a great feeling to create a similar version in the slow cooker in my own kitchen.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, diced
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Package of crispy rice sticks
- Green onions, diced
- Place ground chicken in the slow cooker. Add in the garlic, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, chestnuts and mushrooms. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Use a spoon to break up the meat. Stir in the hoisin sauce.
- Fry the rice sticks according to the package instructions.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with rice sticks and green onions.
Ideal slow cooker: 4-6 quart