|Pin this recipe for later!|
We love ordering the lettuce wraps when we go out to eat at PF Chang’s or Pei Wei! I love the juicy chicken with the crispy leaves of lettuce and the crunchy bites of water chestnuts. So so yummy! I attempted to make my own version in the slow cooker and while it’s not exactly like the restaurant version it’s a great feeling to create a similar version in the slow cooker in my own kitchen.
Slow Cooker PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Cook Time: 2-4 hours
- Total Time: 39 minute
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, diced
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Package of crispy rice sticks
- Green onions, diced
- Place ground chicken in the slow cooker. Add in the garlic, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, chestnuts and mushrooms. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Use a spoon to break up the meat. Stir in the hoisin sauce.
- Fry the rice sticks according to the package instructions.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with rice sticks and green onions.
Ideal slow cooker: 4-6 quart
Love restaurant chinese food? Try these other copy cat recipes from other bloggers
PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef
Coconut Lemon Sour
Panda Express Chow Mein
P.S. Try these other delicious recipes as well (click on the picture to get the recipe):
Do I add the hoisin sauce before the I leave it to cook or once it’s done cooking?
Once it’s done cooking.
Hi! I haven’t tried this recipe yet but I can’t wait! Do I put the ground chicken in raw and cook for 2 hours? I’ve never done that with ground meat before. Do I need to spray the inside with oil or cooking spray?
Yes raw and you can spray it for easier clean up if you like.
Allie Taylor says
I've always loved P.F. Chang's lettuce Wraps. Unfortunately we don't have a P.F. Chang around here, so I can only get them when traveling. This recipe looks so delicious and now I can have it at home! Love the convenience of your great recipes!