These slow cooker Greek ground turkey pitas with tzatziki sauce have all the fun flavors of gyros but with ground turkey meat instead of lamb. Why not mix up taco night and make these Greek “tacos” instead of plain old regular tacos. This recipe is so easy that anybody–even your kids–can make it!
This post has been sponsored by Reynolds® and their fabulous Slow Cooker Liners of which I use all time time (and you should too:)!
With March Madness in full swing, Greg and I have been a little too “busy” to make dinner at our house. Watch this cute video of my kids making this super easy recipe! (Make sure to watch until the end of the video to see a cameo from my husband and his sweet basketball skills).
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (frozen or unfrozen)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pita breads (I like this brand)
- Tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers for topping
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and grated or finely diced
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place turkey in a slow cooker that has been lined with a Reynolds®Slow Cooker Liner.
- Top the turkey with garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, oregano and allspice. If the turkey is not frozen, break it up with a spoon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours. Break the meat up with a spoon halfway through if you can, if not break up the meat at the end and incorporate all the seasonings.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meat on a pita, topped with diced tomatoes, onions and cucumbers and tzatziki sauce
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with gyros.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
To make gluten free: It’s all gluten-free except the pita. Bfree is a common brand usually near the deli department that makes gluten-free pita bread. Also check the frozen section for other options or eat with some gluten-free bread.