- 1 lb lean ground turkey (frozen or unfrozen)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pita breads (I like this brand)
- Tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers for topping
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and grated or finely diced
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place turkey in a slow cooker that has been lined with a Reynolds®Slow Cooker Liner.
- Top the turkey with garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, oregano and allspice. If the turkey is not frozen, break it up with a spoon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours. Break the meat up with a spoon halfway through if you can, if not break up the meat at the end and incorporate all the seasonings.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meat on a pita, topped with diced tomatoes, onions and cucumbers and tzatziki sauce
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with gyros.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
To make gluten free: It’s all gluten-free except the pita. Bfree is a common brand usually near the deli department that makes gluten-free pita bread. Also check the frozen section for other options or eat with some gluten-free bread.