Slow Cooker Garlic Beef–fork tender roast beef that is flavored with garlic and other filipino adobo flavors. This recipe only has 6 ingredients. It’s perfect to serve on rolls or over rice for an easy dinner that can feed a crowd.
Get the INSTANT POT Garlic Beef recipe here
Slow Cooker Garlic Beef
I loved the adobo chicken I made the other day so much that I decided to use the same recipe (basically) except with beef instead of chicken. I shredded up the meat and served it over sliced rosemary bread (you can get that recipe by clicking on the notes in my youtube video). I also think this beef would be great over rice.
The beef was flavored with the tangy vinegar-soy sauce mixture and the crushed garlic cloves. It reminded me a bit of the Mississippi Roast because of the vinegary solution. From what I’ve heard this would also work very well with a pork roast. I’ll add it to my list of things to try!
You don’t need any special equipment to make this recipe besides your slow cooker. I do like using a large sheet pan to shred up my meat so all the juices and meat doesn’t run off the sides of my cutting board. I use these shredding claws* to shred my beef.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Garlic I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
Fork tender roast beef that is flavored with garlic and other filipino adobo flavors. Perfect to serve on rolls or over rice for a quick and easy dinner that can feed a crowd.
- 3 pound chuck roast, trimmed of all excess fat (see note)
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed (smashed with the side of a knife and peeled)
- 1 ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Cut your roast into quarters. Trim off all of the fat and connective tissue. Place the roast in your slow cooker.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks). The roast should be fall apart fork tender.
- Discard the bay leaves. Remove the meat and place it on a cutting board. Pour the juices from the slow cooker into a saucepan and reduce on the stove for about 7 minutes over medium high heat (I didn’t stir, I just set a timer and walked away). Shred the meat and add it back into the crock and then add in the reduced liquid.
- Serve the meat with tongs on top of buns, rolls, bread, on top of rice or any other way you want it. I added a little mozzarella to the top of my sandwich.
For extra flavor you can brown your roast in a pan on the stove. I am lazy and chose to skip this step.
This recipe can be gluten free. Use gluten free soy sauce and serve over rice instead of bread.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: filipino
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.