Makes 2 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 tsp brown sugar
4 tsp red wine vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1/2 tsp dried parsley
8 oz fresh figs, sliced
Salt and pepper
1. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the figs around the chicken.
2. Combine the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and tapioca and pour over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with parsley.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
5. With a slotted spoon remove the chicken and figs and place on a plate. Skim fat from cooking juices and pour the juices over the chicken and serve.
I’ve been getting the Bountiful Basket the past few weeks and have been exposed to some new and different produce. This last time it was figs. Figs. What in the heck do you make with figs? After looking at the internet I found a recipe for lemon and fig chicken. I adapted it to the slow cooker and came up with this. I was scared to eat the figs but actually they are very sweet and the lemon complimented the flavor. I didn’t really love the seediness of them. They are a billion little tiny seeds. Just think of a fig newton and you’ll know what I’m talking about. But if you can get past that the flavor is quite delish. 3 stars.
Leave a Reply