Makes 4-6 servings
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp oil
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
5 or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and each cut into 4 pieces
Salt and pepper
1 (5 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
Toppings: cilantro, raisins, almonds
1. Combine onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, oil and tomato paste in a microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add the broth and the tapioca to the slow cooker. Salt and pepper the chicken and place into the slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
4. Add in yogurt and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over rice and garnish with desired toppings.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results of this recipe. I loved the creamy texture after I added in the yogurt. The garlic, onion and curry powder give it a strong, but not over-powering flavor. My family ate this without complaining…always a happy thing for a mom. 3 1/2 stars.