I love a little bit of salt against the sweet cookie dough. I love the semi-sweet chocolate chips all melty and delicious. I love the swirl of Nutella throughout the cookie that makes eating this cookie kind of like a treasure hunt. I love how cute these little skillets are. * Basically I loved this cookie and want to make it every day of my life. That’s all.
(Oh, one more thing…the cookie doesn’t have eggs in it so if you’re allergic or if you want to eat the dough plain go for it!!!)
Single-Serve Salted Chocolate Chip and Nutella-Swirled Skillet Cookie
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 1 big cookie 1x
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- 4 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Nutella
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.In a small glass bowl, melt the butter. Add in the brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla and water and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and pinch of salt to form a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into one big ball. Open the cookie ball and put a dollop of Nutella in the middle.
Close the ball back up.
- Place the dough into a greased mini 5 inch skillet (or if you don’t have one bake on a regular cookie sheet lined with parchment paper). Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes. (I like mine a little tiny bit underbaked with a nice scoop of ice cream on top).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
P.S. Buy your own cute little skillets! Think of the possibilities of mini desserts and meals!*
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Oh no! My cookie ball never deflated! I left out the nutella cause hubs doesnt like. Is that what didi it? Anybody else have this prob?
Shoot! I’m sorry! Next time flatten it out a bit?
Yikes, I have a 3 1/2″ cast iron skillet. Would this amount of dough work? Or spit it in half? Or bake longer?
I would start with the recommended baking time but you’ll probably have to end up baking it a little longer. It will be a thicker cookie. Yum!
Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing ….. it’s great and yummy!!
Glad you liked it!
I made this for my sister and mum today. They loved it so much! I used it as practice because I'm making it for my cheat meal this Thursday. Very excited to try it!!!
[email protected] says
I think we must be on the same page because I used this recipe tonight as well! YUM! I love it a lot!!!
I ate it today! I would definitely recommend sharing it though… very delicious but very filling! Not going to lie, I still ate every single last bit. 😛