Fresh lemon juice
Canola oil or olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut up a bunch of broccoli florets. I keep mine pretty small and I fill a whole cookie sheet.
2. Sprinkle with about 1-2 Tbsp of oil. Stir to coat.
3. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
4. Squeeze plenty of fresh lemon juice over the broccoli.
5. Place cookie sheet in the preheated oven. Cook for about 4 minutes. Stir the broccoli and then cook for 4 minutes more. Remove pan from oven.
6. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.
From time to time I’m going to share simple side dishes that are quick and easy and go terrific with your slow cooker meal. I serve this broccoli with Asian dishes a lot and everyone absolutely loves it. I don’t know what it is about the lemon juice and Parmesan but it really just makes the broccoli taste awesome! Every time the entire cookie sheet of broccoli gets eaten in one sitting. 5 stars.
Grandma Honey says
So is the broccoli still pretty crisp? If I were to bake it longer would they be more soft, or would they start to burn?
btw, I just put your sweet potatoes for one in my crock pot. They look so good!