This is one of those recipe that I would only make every so often, since it’s not really the healthiest of dishes! But it’s creamy and comforting and cheesy! I did feel that it needed a flavor boost so maybe next time I’ll add in some thyme and sauteed onion. I served my chicken and sauce over brown rice but this would also be good over mashed potatoes or noodles. I also don’t usually have Muenster cheese on hand and I don’t think that it is totally necessary to the success of the recipe. I think a good pepper jack would be awesome.
Makes 6 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon (I use 1/4 tsp of shirley j chicken bouillon)
5 oz can evaporated milk
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1 Tbsp minced garlic
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
6 slices Muenster cheese
Parsley, for garnish
1. Sprinkle the flour and salt and pepper on a plate. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and coat on all sides.
2. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
3. In a bowl, combine the bouillon, evaporated milk, tapioca, garlic, mushrooms and cream of chicken soup.
4. Pour mixture over the chicken.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
6. Remove lid and turn slow cooker to HIGH. Place one piece of cheese over each chicken thigh. Cook until it melts.
7. Scoop out each piece of chicken and top with parsley. Serve over potatoes or rice.
P.S. Are you on Google +??? Add me to your circles!