Makes 6-8 servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups water
1 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon or 2 tsp regular chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried parsley
Salt and pepper
1/2 to 1 cup Caesar dressing
Buns, rolls, or some type of bread to serve the sandwiches on
1. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with water and bouillon. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
2. Remove chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut into small chunks.
3. Drain the liquid from the slow cooker and discard.
4. Place chicken back in the slow cooker and top with dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined.
5. Serve chicken over bread and top with lettuce.
YUMMY! I loved this summer sandwich idea. I took it from this great blog that I recently discovered. I used half thighs and half breasts which really worked well. Breasts get dried out quick in the slow cooker but when cooked along with the thighs, they tasted really delish. I want to make this again tomorrow. 4 stars.
[email protected] says
scrabblequeen, that is awesome!
Made this but used just thighs instead of breast then chucked the bones back in the slow cooker with the drained fluid and some rather ancient vegetables from the bottom of the drawer and had a really lovely chicken stock a few hours later.
Also put red pepper and sweet corn in the sarnie – it was just delicious!
Megan Frank says
I made this in my dutch oven using only chicken breast & it was delicious! We used wraps instead of bread. One of the easiest recipes I have made in a long time and it tasted GREAT! Thanks!!
Mark At Steamers and Cookers says
All looks good but don't you think that adding some color whould make it look more appealing? Maybe throw a little tomatoe in the sandwich or, better still, some red peppers (cooked or uncooked). Definately going to give your sandwich a try.