1 lb extra lean ground beef (93% lean 7% fat)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp tomato paste
Sliced green onion, for garnish
1. Add beef to slow cooker and break it up into small chunks with a spoon.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, red pepper, ginger and tomato paste. Stir into the slow cooker and really coat the beef.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 3-4 hours.
4. Stir again, breaking up chunks.
5. Serve beef and sauce over rice and garnish with green onion.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
Click here for the Instant Pot version of this recipe.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Method: Slow Cooker