1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1. Peel the label off the sweetened condensed milk and place the can in the slow cooker.
2. Fill the slow cooker insert with water until it covers the can.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
4. Remove can from slow cooker and let rest.
5. Drain water out of the slow cooker.
6. Add peanut butter to slow cooker and once the can is cooled add the sweetened condensed milk.
7. Stir and then slowly add in evaporated milk, whisking until smooth. (you can add in more or less evaporated milk…just get it to the consistency that you want.)
8. Turn slow cooker to warm and serve with bananas, apples, angel food cake or whatever yummy dippables you want!
Usually I’m all about the chocolate. Chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate chips, chocolate brownies, etc. But I’m making an exception for this most delicious recipe. It is a winner, for sure. If you’re having a fondue party put this recipe on your menu. It is so good. I especially loved the bananas with it. 5 stars (in my book)
I have never punctured holes, but maybe I should. Luckily, my can has never exploded.
PLEASE NOTE: Puncture holes in the top of the milk can BEFORE cooking it! Pressure can build up within the can, and it could explode. An easy substitute would be a can of dulce de leche. This looks insanelydelicious!
Marisa Midori says
Oh. my. gosh. This looks ridiculously delicious.