(This is an updated post from June 2013)
I absolutely love the produce that is available this time of year! Peaches, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, plums, pears, blueberries…Yum! I just bought a case of peaches and a case of raspberries so I think I need to make this fruit pizza again with those delicious fruits! Luckily this recipe takes just a few minutes to put together thanks to the yellow cake mix. The best part of this dessert is that it looks and tastes equally good. Nothing worse than having something look delicious only to bite into it and it’s super yucky. I had a few of those experiences as a judge at the county fair!Print
Nutella Fruit Pizza with Cookie Dough Crust
- 1 yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Bananas and strawberries (or whatever kind of fruit you want to use)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix with a spoon until all combined.
- Spray a pizza pan with nonstick foil (if you don’t have a pizza pan you can use a cookie sheet). Using your palms, spread 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the cookie dough in an 350 degree F preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cool the cooked crust completely (I put mine in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the process).
- While crust is cooling, slice up your fruit.
- When crust is cooled, spread desired amount of Nutella on top of the crust using a knife or a spatula.
- Top with sliced fruit.
- Cut the pizza and serve!!
Why does it say yellow cake mix but the recipe is cookie dough?
What do you use the other 1/4 cake mix for?
Nothing usually! I should make a recipe up that calls for 1/4 of the cake mix.
Ronda Barnow says
Why don’t you make 2 small pizzas instead of the large one where you waste the 1/4 of the cake mix? Or make a couple of cupcakes?
plasterers bristol says
This is so damn good…
Carla @ Gluten Free Recipe Box says
What a great idea! Gotta make one gluten-free. Thanks!
Could anyone email me the recipe the site wont load so I cant get recipe… [email protected]. pls email it to me im dieing to make this