Makes 4-6 servings
1 onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp ground thyme
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and each one cut into 4 pieces
Salt and pepper
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, chopped
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
1. Combine onion, garlic, oil, paste and thyme in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
2. Place chicken in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add in the onion mixture and white wine vinegar.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
5. Stir in the artichokes, cream of chicken soup, Parmesan, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and mushrooms. Cover and cook on LOW for another 30 to 60 minutes. If needed, you may thicken it with cornstarch.
6. Serve over rice or noodles.
Yummy, flavorful and creamy deliciousness. The onion/garlic/thyme mixture really worked to bring out the flavors. The lemon and Dijon mustard added at the end was just enough to give a zippy taste. I really enjoy artichokes and if I had another can on hand I would have added 2 cans. I will be definitely making this one again. My husband loved it too…no leftovers at all. 5 stars.
how is this with chicken breasts?
This turned out scrumptious! Thank you!!!
Karen, I made this last night and LOVED it!!! Can't wait for lunch today to have it as leftovers!!:) Thanks for your recipes!
Kristina, you could do it without the onions. Let me know how it turns out.
This sounds awesome! I wonder if you can do this without onions?
Southern Cooking Light says
Karen, this sounds too elegant for a crock pot recipe! I can't wait to try it!
Wow, Karen. That was fast. I'm glad you liked it. I am a huge fan of artichokes and mushrooms so for me this recipe couldn't go wrong.
Karen Dyck says
I made this for dinner this afternoon. Vert easy and delicious. It does deserve 5 stars. Really …. Dinner party worthy. Well done!
Oh, I see it now, sorry about that! I was copying and pasting it to print and must have skipped it. Thanks!
Add the vinegar in with the onion mixture…