Instant Pot Rice Krispy Treats –use your Instant Pot’s saute function to quickly make a double batch of rice krispy treats. Stir in some m&ms to make them even better.
Instant Pot Rice Krispy Treats (Video)
This week for my weekly YouTube video I decided to have a little fun. While these Instant Pot rice krispy treats might not be the most groundbreaking recipe they are still super yummy. My son joined in the fun for this video too. Make sure to watch until the end for all his outtakes.
I really like making rice krispy treats in the Instant Pot. Here’s why:
- The pot is big enough you can easily double the recipe and the marshmallows will all fit. This is especially true if you have an 8 quart pot.
- Sometimes the marshmallows get too puffy and crazy in the microwave…do you know what I’m talking about?
- You can easily clean up the stickly marshmallow pot afterwards by warming up water in it with the saute function. Once the water is hot you can easily scrub off the marshmallows.
Some tips on rice krispy treats:
- Add in M&Ms or other leftover Halloween candy. Just stir in the candy (chop up the candy bars) with the rice krispies. They’ll make good rice krispy treats even better.
- Use fresh marshmallows. If you use stale marshmallows the rice krispy treats will be harder than you like.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container so they don’t get hard. Sometimes I put a little piece of bread in with them. This keeps them soft. Sort of like what happens when you put a piece of bread in with brown sugar.
- Use half cocoa krispies and half rice krispies. Or get creative with other types of cereal like fruity pebbles.
You might also like…
What Pressure Cooker Do You Use?
To make Instant Pot Rice Krispy Treats I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Use your Instant Pot’s saute function to quickly make a double batch of rice krispy treats. Stir in some m&ms to make them even better.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Optional: 1 cup M&Ms
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. Then use the adjust button to adjust it to the middle setting, “normal.”
- Once the pot says HOT on the display add in the butter and stir it until it melts. Once it is melted stir in the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted and coated with butter.
- Remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot. Turn off your Instant Pot. Stir in the rice krispies and M&Ms.
- Pat the mixture into a buttered 9×13 inch pan.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes and then you can cut them and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is easy to double. Just double all the ingredients and keep the other instructions the same.
To make gluten free: Malto meal brand of crispy rice is gluten-free and delicious! Use that as a substitute and you’re good to go!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Rice Krispy Treats? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.