Tender bites of bone-in chicken thighs and mushrooms are covered in a dijon, lemon and tarragon sauce.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8–10 bone-in chicken thighs
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water (optional)
- In a bowl whisk together the broth, oil, mustard, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, tarragon, pepper and salt.
- Place the chicken into the bottom of the Instant Pot. I layered mine in two layers. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the chicken. If using mushrooms dump them on top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a platter.
- Optional thickening step: Thicken the sauce by combining the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. The cornstarch will thicken the sauce in a few minutes and then you can turn off the Instant Pot.
- Optional browning step:
- Option 1: Use your CrispLid to brown the chicken skin in batches. Unplug your Instant Pot. Pour gravy into a bowl. Place the fryer basket on top of the tall trivet and place into the Instant Pot. Place your CrispLid on top of the Instant Pot. Brown the chicken in batches. I did 4 pieces of chicken at a time. I set the temperature to 500 for about 4 minutes.
- Option 2: Use your oven’s broiler to brown the chicken skin. Place the chicken on a sheet pan and place under the broiler for a few minutes until the skin crisps up. Watch it closely as it browns fairly fast.
- Serve the chicken and mushrooms with some sauce drizzled on top.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot