An easy dump and go soup recipe that you can make in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs (can be frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 (14.5) oz can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell’s)
- 1 cup frozen corn or drained canned corn
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: grated cheddar, sour cream, cilantro, avocado and tortilla chips
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken broth. Dump the picante sauce, tomatoes, garlic powder, cumin, cream of chicken soup, corn and beans on top of the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes for thawed chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken. Alternately you can add in cooked chicken (like this chicken or rotisserie chicken) and you’ll only need to set the time to 5 minutes of pressure cook time.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir the soup. Remove the chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces and then stir the chicken back into the pot. Add in the red bell pepper. Salt and pepper the soup to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with your desired toppings.
Remember that it will take the pot 10-15 minutes to come to pressure. If the chicken is frozen the pot will take longer to come to pressure. You can speed up the process by turning on the saute function while adding in the ingredients and add in boiling chicken broth.
If you don’t like using cream of chicken soup you can leave it out. Add in a cup of heavy cream after the soup has cooked.
To make gluten free: Double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Also, “Pacific” brand makes a gluten-free carton of cream of chicken soup that is a great substitute. You can also search up homemade cream of chicken recipes.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: dump and go, soup, chicken