Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta–all the flavors of chicken fajitas in a creamy pasta dish. An easy and quick recipe your family will love!
Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
I’ve already made this Instant Pot chicken fajita pasta 2 times and I can’t wait to make it again! It is perfectly seasoned, a little creamy and feeds a crowd. I love all those Tex-Mex flavors combined together in a fun pasta dish.
It’s also one of those dishes that you can add or subtract the ingredients you like. For example, not a fan of green bell peppers? Just leave them out. Or use a orange bell pepper instead. Don’t love onion? Don’t add it in. Want to use a different type of pasta? Go for it! Penne pasta, macaroni, bowties or shells are all good choices.
More Instant Pot Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
Instant Pot White Chicken Lasagna–Marisol said, “This was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it.”
Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna — Nikki said, “Our family has fallen in love with this recipe! My daughter says this is the best lasagna she has ever eaten don’t tell her papa or grandma. She is a part of the “clean plate” club every time I’ve made it! It’s so easy to make, especially after a long day at work! I’ve probably made it at least 5 times now and each time it gets better and better!”
What Equipment Do I Need?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top. You can halve this recipe and make it in the 3 quart Instant Pot. You can also keep the recipe exactly the same and make it in the 8 quart Instant Pot.Print
All the flavors of chicken fajitas in a creamy pasta dish. An easy and quick recipe your family will love!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 3 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can mild Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips or diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips or diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Coat chicken in seasonings. Add chicken, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, sea salt, pepper and onion to the Instant Pot. Toss to coat the chicken well with all the seasonings.
- Add ingredients. Add in the pasta and then the broth and Rotel.
- Pressure Cook. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. The the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for another 5 minutes (L0:05) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add peppers. Stir in the peppers, sour cream and cheddar. Cover the pot and let it sit on warm for another 5 minutes, just so the peppers get a little softened.
- Serve. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I choose to add my peppers at the end because I don’t like them too mushy. The heat from the pasta just slightly cooks them. Alternately you could saute your peppers on the stove top. I don’t really recommend pressure cooking peppers because they are a tender vegetable and get too soft. I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can halve this recipe and make it in the 3 quart Instant Pot. You can also keep the recipe exactly the same and make it in the 8 quart Instant Pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southwestern
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.