All the flavors of chicken fajitas in a creamy pasta dish. An easy and quick recipe your family will love!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 3 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can mild Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips or diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips or diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Coat chicken in seasonings. Add chicken, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, sea salt, pepper and onion to the Instant Pot. Toss to coat the chicken well with all the seasonings.
- Add ingredients. Add in the pasta and then the broth and Rotel.
- Pressure Cook. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. The the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for another 5 minutes (L0:05) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add peppers. Stir in the peppers, sour cream and cheddar. Cover the pot and let it sit on warm for another 5 minutes, just so the peppers get a little softened.
- Serve. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I choose to add my peppers at the end because I don’t like them too mushy. The heat from the pasta just slightly cooks them. Alternately you could saute your peppers on the stove top. I don’t really recommend pressure cooking peppers because they are a tender vegetable and get too soft. I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can halve this recipe and make it in the 3 quart Instant Pot. You can also keep the recipe exactly the same and make it in the 8 quart Instant Pot.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southwestern