Shredded chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs are cooked at the same time in your Instant Pot and then combined with corn, bacon, green onion, tomatoes and a lemon dill dressing. A fresh and surprisingly filling entree or side dish.
For the salad:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen but thawed will be fine too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 1/2 cups water with 1 1/2 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 2 cups frozen white sweet corn
- 6 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled (or 3 oz package of real bacon bits)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 small to medium ripe avocados, sliced into bite size pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Juice from one lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot (IP). If using frozen chicken, place rack in the bottom of IP. Place frozen chicken on top of the rack. If you’re using fresh chicken you don’t need a rack. Just place the chicken in the chicken broth. Place the eggs in a small pyrex or corningware dish and place the dish on top of the chicken.
- Secure the lid on top of the IP. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Press the manual button and adjust the time to 10 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any more pressure by moving the valve to venting.
- While the chicken is cooking you can prepare your other ingredients (dicing the onion, cooking the bacon, dicing the tomatoes etc). Prepare the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and dill in a small bowl.
- Once pressure is released, remove the lid and carefully remove the eggs. Place the eggs in a bowl filled with ice and water. Let the eggs cool in the ice bath for 5 minutes. When cooled, peel the eggs and chop up the eggs.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a knife and fork to shred or to the cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place the chicken in a salad bowl. Add in the avocados, corn, bacon, green onions, hard boiled eggs and tomatoes. Toss together. Drizzle the salad dressing over the top and toss. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot
- Category: Salads
- Method: Instant Pot