An easy one pot meal that has a lot of Mexican flare. Orzo pasta is cooked quickly in your pressure cooker along with ground beef, taco sauce and black beans. Fresh ingredients like diced tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and shredded cheddar are stirred in later to create a family friendly and flavorful meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 1/3 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup green taco sauce (or you can use green enchilada sauce)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 5 green onions, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained (optional)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- Diced or sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and brown it. Add in the onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off excess grease, if there is any.
- Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth/water. Sprinkle in the orzo, green taco sauce, black beans and taco seasoning. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, olives and cheddar. Season with additional taco seasoning and salt and pepper, if needed.
- Scoop into bowls and top with diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 697 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 25 g