Instant Pot Brown Sugar Carving Ham–deliciously moist carving ham that is warmed in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
Instant Pot Brown Sugar Carving Ham
Easter is just days away and I found myself wondering how an Instant Pot ham would turn out. I headed to the grocery store and picked up a precooked carving ham. This is what mine looked like…
Of course it wasn’t a whole ham, a whole ham wouldn’t fit in the Instant Pot. This was about 2 1/2 pounds of ham, the perfect amount for my family to eat for dinner with a bit of leftovers too. This is a pre-cooked ham and it only needs to be warmed. I opted to go for a “carving ham” versus a “carved ham.” I feel like the pre-carved ham can get dried out quicker.
To prepare this ham I placed the ham on a large piece of heavy foil. I basted the ham on all sides with the brown sugar glaze that was included with the ham. Then I tightly covered the ham and placed it on top of the trivet in my Instant Pot. I poured in about a cup and a half of water and cooked on the manual setting for 9 minutes. My Instant Pot only took about 5 minutes to come to pressure and then another 8 minutes to release the pressure. So this was all done from start to finish in 22 minutes! I loved the results of this ham. It tasted amazing and had great flavor. If you’re serving a smallish (4-8 people) Easter dinner I really think you should give this method a shot!
Got ham leftovers? Here are some of my favorite recipes to make with leftover ham…
Slow Cooker Ham Lentil and Barley Soup
8 slow cooker recipes to make with ham leftovers
Ham and Cheese Eggs Cups from Emily Bites
Pressure Cooker Spicy Pinto Bean with Ham from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Crustless Meat Lovers Quiche from Pressure Cooking Today
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Brown Sugar Carving Ham I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.
- 2 1/2 lb precooked carving ham with brown sugar glaze
- 1 cup water
- Open the ham package and place the ham on a large sheet of heavy duty foil. Baste the ham with the brown sugar glaze that comes with the ham. Wrap the ham tightly in the foil.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the water. Place the have (fat side up) on the trivet.
- Cover the Instant Pot and press the manual button. Set the timer for 9 minutes (you’ll need about 2-3 minutes per pound of ham). Make sure the valve is on “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pot sit on warm until all the pressure is released and you can open up the pot (mine took 8 minutes to release all the pressure).
- Using oven mitts, remove the foil packet and place on a cutting board. Carefully open the foil and make sure the ham is heated to your liking. Carve the ham and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
Send Me Free Recipes
If you’d like to see all the new recipes that I’m making sign up to receive my emails below! This is a free service and you can unsubscribe at any time.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!