Instant Pot Anniversary Chicken–an easy 6 ingredient chicken recipe with teriyaki sauce and bacon that you can make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Note: the SLOW COOKER instructions are listed in the recipe card below
Instant Pot Anniversary Chicken
I came across this recipe on All Recipes. The author wrote that, “I made this chicken for 100 people at my in-laws’ 50th wedding anniversary party. Boy, was it a hit!” The original recipe is made in the oven but seeing as I don’t cook in my oven I made it into an Instant Pot/Slow Cooker recipe 😆.
I never would have thought bacon bits, teriyaki sauce and ranch dressing would taste so good together but I was wrong. It was a tasty combination! I used the pot-in-pot method to cook this recipe so I didn’t have to dilute the teriyaki sauce and ranch dressing.
I used chicken tenders which seem to come out better, in my opinion, than chicken breasts. The other choice is to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs that have been cut into pieces. Chicken thighs are always tasty in the Instant Pot and slow cooker!
For ultimate flavor you can marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for a couple hours before cooking. But if you don’t have time, don’t fret the chicken will still be tasty.
What Equipment Did You Use?
- 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*
- OXO Sling*
- Fat Daddios 7 x 3 inch pan*
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Karen’s Killer Chicken
Instant Pot Smoky Mountain Chicken
Instant Pot Million Dollar Chicken
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Instant Pot Anniversary Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
An easy 6 ingredient chicken recipe with teriyaki sauce and bacon that you can make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken thighs (each one cut into 4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon crumbles
- 2 green onions, chopped
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Lay the chicken into a pot-in-pot dish* in one layer if possible. If not, barely overlap the chicken pieces. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Place the dish on a sling and lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Spoon the ranch dressing over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon over the top. Cover Instant Pot and let it sit on warm setting for 2-3 minutes. Remove lid and serve chicken topped with green onions.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Lay chicken in slow cooker. Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Spoon ranch, cheese and bacon over the top and cook for another 15 minutes on low.
- Serve topped with green onions.
For ultimate flavor you can marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for a couple hours before cooking.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Roseanne Sabol says
This was so good. It’s definitely going into our rotation! Thanks so much.
So happy to hear it Roseanne! Thanks!
It will be dinner tonight. I am so excited for a good chicken dish 😋
Joan M Lawrence says
The recipe sounds delicious and I’d love to try it. I have chicken breasts
that are only 4 ounces each. Would I use the same pressure time and
natural release time as your recipe?
Yes that would work since they are so small!